I dedicate this to my dear friend, Sandy. We spent our last night together with a few other friends doing random acts of service. I thought we should do random acts of mischief and the night turned out to be a little bit of both. After returning all the shopping carts to their home in Harmons, we took our cute friend Janae, a jamaba juice. She was working that night in the store. But we couldn't just hand it to her, we had to sing Happy Birthday. Even though it wasn't her birthday just yet. Her manager heard and announced it over the intercom to the entire store. This cute couple came up and their two year old daughter wished Janae a happy birthday and asked where was the cake. So we bought the cute little tyke a cupcake from the bakery. We saw an old friend who moved away from the neighborhood and slipped a candy bar in her purse during a quick hug. Then we gave another candybar to the guy at the deli and slipped a 5spot in someone's windshield. Thanks, girls for a fun night. I haven't giggled like that in a while. (By the way, I can't take credit for any of this, I just tagged along for the ride. It was all Steph and Brandi.)
I guess I could dedicate this to all my friends who are leaving. Vicki has been gone six months, Sandy left yesterday, and Leslie is soon to go. Sandy's row at church today was empty and it just made me cry. I feel as if my arms have been cut off. I hate watching people I love move far away. My heart can't take anymore!!! Love you girls!
4 comments:
It was sooo fun wasn't it, but I can't take the credit it was all Sandy and Steph - I thought there might be a little dancing involved when we were instructed to bring lots of one dollar bills - j/k!!!
Can I borrow this wonderful idea? What a fun family home evening, especially for the bigger kids (that could include the parents as kids, too!)Please remember you have an auntie out here in California that loves you so very much!!!!
What a fun night! Wish that I could've been involved in the magic/mischief.... You guys are so amazing. I feel blessed that I was able to live in CC for 5 1/2 years... to be surrounded by such amazing women! (and the guys weren't so bad either!) I think you all need to make a BIG road trip up here! We love ya, and hope to see you around Easter, we are coming to SLC for "Wicked"... and to see the Easter Bunny! You are wonderful! Have a great one!
Kristy, I love this idea. Thank you so much for sharing this on your blog. When I read it I thought "I want to do that". It sounds so fun and obviously made you all very happy. I need happy.
Love you!
Post a Comment