Friday, March 6, 2009

I sure could use a "good news minute" these days. (I've always thought that was so dumb!) But I could use it. After a week of hard work and making the first and second cuts, Kyle did not make the highschool soccer team. He was one of the final four cut from the team. We are so sad. His brothers have been rooting for him all week. He has been sick and running on a twisted ankle, but still did so well. I know he'll make it next year... but for now, I have a very sad boy. His friends were all so cute. The girls brought him cookies and his friends called with words of encouragement. I'm glad he has so many people who care about him. We watched movies till 1 in the morning to try and take his mind off of it (which is why I'm still up). I know he won't sleep. It's so hard watching your "littles" grow up....

Our dear friends and next door neighbors are moving tomorrow night. I want to go help, but don't know if I can. They are moving so far away and we won't see them for years.

No wonder I can't sleep these days. Scott says we are lucky to have had them this long and to know them. He's always so good about looking at the bright side!

6 comments:

Jen and her men said...

Jen's Top 5 Good News Today:
1. I'm not pregnant!! (this applies to you too!)
2. It's almost spring!!
3. I can kiss all my kiddies goodnight.
4. We are healthy.
5. It's Friday.

Yep, that's the best I can do. Sorry this week has been so rough for you. Might as well have a good cry and go over to the Gledhill's blog. It helped me to read their beautiful words even though their hearts are breaking. Hang in there!

JenJ said...

SORRY about good Kyle! How fun to have good friends for him though. That is so important.
And I LOVE the random acts of service idea. I wonder if I could get anyone to do that with me!!

C.J. and Jackie said...

Cute Kyle! That is a huge bummer, but I know that he will practice that much more and be dedicated even more to get on the team next year. We love you cute Johnson's!!!!

Kristydawn said...

who are the gledhills? Thanks for the "I'm not pregnant." that is good news. Feeling much better this week. NO sleep and sad things don't make for happy mama's!

Kelly Brooke said...

Good Thing!!
Kelly is moving home! See that is good. I hope that makes you a little happy.
I didn't know Kyle was trying for the soccer team. I am still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that he will be in high school. These kids just keep growing. I am also happy that he has such good friends that support him and family. I loved you sentance that said his brothers have been supporting him. That makes me smile. That is what family is all about. I sure do love Kyle and wish the best for him. He will make it next year.

kristydawn said...

Oh you are coming home. When. THAT IS GOOD NEWS. YEAH!

background

Voting