Sunday, July 12, 2009

TREK 2009: WE DID IT!

Our Trek Family: Andrew Walker, Ma, Pa, Devon Cluff, Jordan Drage, Samuel Huntington,
Katie Allen, Jessica Morrill, Rachael McDougal, and Annie Vincent.
We had a great family. It's amazing how fast we grew to love these kids. By the end of the first day they were calling us Ma and Pa, and it was so cute!! I'm used to the four boys, so that came easy... easy to love them right away. But I loved getting to know these four girls. They all had such great personalities and are talented and smart! And of course, Beautiful! They all did a great job. They did whatever was asked of them and didn't complain. I was so impressed. And we had a good time together too.
This is the girls and I pulling our cart up the hill on the woman's pull. Me, Jessica, and Annie are in front. Katie and Rachael are pushing from behind. We were the first cart and were quite a bit ahead of the rest. My girls are strong. We tried to slow down to let the others catch up, but we just set a easy, steady pace and got to the top pretty quickly. It was surprizing and cool to look up and see our men and boys lining the top of both sides of the trail with their hats over their hearts. Our cart and the two behind us made it to the top and then the boys were released to go help the rest. It was so cool to see them run to the carts and take over for the girls. This was one of the most touching experiences of the trip.




4 comments:

JenJ said...

That is so awesome!! I get tingles thinking about it. Good for your boys andd their hats!!!
Missin you guys already by the way.

busymama said...

You are one cute pioneer!! Sounds like such a wonderful time, I was very touched by Kyle's testimony Sunday! (and yours:)!)

Heather said...

What an amazing experience. I love hearing everbodies stories from Trek. Sunday was so incredible feeling the spirit radiate from everybody that had participated in Trek. I hope one day Mike and I have the opportunity to go.

Janet said...

Thanks for sharing. I love hearing of all the experiences of Trek. I love living vicariously but even better, I feel the spirit of the trek even though I wasn't there!

background

Voting