Sunday, July 6, 2008

Jake's Big Day


We had such a great day. Jake was baptized by his Dad. The program was nice. Scott gave a talk on baptism and talked about Jesus and what a perfect example he is to us. Then, Grandpa Carl gave a talk on the holy ghost. He talked about him being a spirit and your best friend. He had the kids giggling through the whole thing. When he sat down, Colby said, "Grandpa, that was the funniest church talk I ever heard." It was cute. '
We gathered at the house afterwards for yummy cinnamon rolls made by Grandma Jane and crumb cake from Aunt Jen. The Fairbanks, Rasbands, Meserveys, and Grandpa and Grandma Glassford were there. Our neighbors the Chadwicks also stopped by. And Jake had his friends Ammon and Miles at the baptism. Kim Thomson and Sister Johnson from the primary also came. We sure missed Grandpa and Grandma Johnson. Grandpa had shoulder surgery on Thursday and just wasn't feeling well.

3 comments:

busymama said...

Congrats Jake, what a great decision!! (And what great capes)!!

JenJ said...

Yeah for Jake!!
I sure love your kids. WISH we could have been there to support him in this great step. BIG HUGS from us here in Texas!!

Kelly Brooke said...

Congratulations Jake!
I wish I could have been there. It sounds like it was a good time had by all.
Love you.

background

Voting