Scott had a class in Dallas, so I went with him and we visited with Dustin and Jen for the weekend. It was so fun to see their beautiful home and the cute kiddos. Audrey and Ben took to Scott right away and I even got some good loving in! Sarah and Mandy, of course, are becoming beautiful young women and we just had so much fun being with their family. We wish we lived closer. Dustin and Jen took us to the Cheesecake Factory friday night for dinner. I could have stopped with that and been happy as can be. So good. We had their avacado egg rolls. DIVINE. And of course, after the yummy dinner, had to eat a piece of cheesecake. Dustin suggested taking some home, but I said, "no! I came here to eat cheesecake and I'm going to eat it. "And I did. So full!Then they took us to a real-life Texas Rodeo. Wish we had our camera. It was a old, old building that goes back to the early 1900's. We saw the rodeo and then Scott and Dustin took a run through the old stock yards. It was dark and cold so Jen and I stayed in the car. Scott was like a little boy in a candy-shop. He was so excited. He kept talking about Louis L'Amour books and how this is what is used to be like.....
Saturday we got to see Ben play in a soccer game and then Dustin, Mandy, Scott and I went to see the King Tut exhibit. It was so cool. I can't believe that we can preserve things that are so old. It was really fascinating. I saw some of it when I was in Egypt, but it was so long ago...
We couldn't take pictures inside, but this is in the gift shop when we were done with the exhibit.

Sunday afternoon... playing with the kids. We went on a nice walk around the neighborhood and I took a ride on Ben's electric scooter. I want one of those!!!
This is the stadium Ben will play football in someday... This is their highschool stadium. HUGE! Scott was about ready to climb the fence to get inside. Everywhere we went, there were stadiums like this. I always heard football was big in Texas, but now we've seen proof. WOW!
This is the city hall right outside of Dustin and Jen's neighborhood. There is a huge outdoor shopping mall all around it with fun stores like Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrell, Eddie Bauer, etc. All the fun, expensive stores I wish I could shop at, but can't afford. :) We did do a little browsing.
This is one of the biggest toy train exhibits in the nation.... It's at the children's hospital in Dallas. The exhibit is free, but you have to pay for parking. Scott wasn't too happy about that. Anyway, the pics don't do it justice. It was huge and really cool. This is just one side of it. It goes around in a circle and there are about 6 trains that run through it.
We also visited South Fork ranch for all of you retro "Dallas" fans out there. I don't know if there are any left... We were surprized that it was really just a regular house. We didn't go in, I'm sure the inside was pretty impressive, but we did go in the gift store and read all about the characters from Dallas. It was funny. Most of the women had two or three last names because they had been married so many times in the show, ie: Pamela Smith, Euwing, Johnson, Euwing, etc etc. I made up some of the last names, but that was really what it was like. Soap Opras...? LAME!
This is one of the old trolleys that used to run through downtown Plano and connect to other neighboring cities. A nice man who was painting the building offered to take our picture.
The old book warehouse where John Wilkes Booth shot JFK. You can just see the top corner window on the right side. That is where he made the shots. The gray car you see if just about where the car was when JFK was shot. We learned a lot and it was a little creepy to be in the exact spot where it all happened. They've preserved that corner window in a big glass box and piled boxes up just like he had them. He had built himself a little cave with boxes so no one would see him. He shot and then escaped down the back stairs. The police didn't catch up with him until a few hours later after he had shot and killed a police man. Sad story but so interesting.
3 comments:
Looks like a great trip! The stadium - seriously?????
OK, SO FUN!!!!!
We miss you guys. That was a great trip! Thank you so much for coming!!
That is a very very funny shower picture. I did not know they were doing that!!!!!
I love the pictures. It sounds like you had a great time. I am so jealous I wish I could have met you there. Dallas Rocks!!
Post a Comment