
I'm done. I'm done! My year as PTA president is over. I guess it's not official until July 1 when school is out, but we just finished our last program last night. And, I'm done, I'm done. I called it my reign in the title because one of the teachers calls me "princess Kristy." I'm not sure why she calls me that; she likes me, or she thinks I'm bossy; but I find it funny. People ask me if it's bitter-sweet being done. NO WAY. I'm had a great year... made a lot of new friends (students and adults), had a lot of fun, learned a lot of things, but I'm sure glad to pass it on. I'm happy to off load the stress of being in charge. This is the plaque Amy made me. It's beautiful. Unfortunately, you can't see it very well. But I love it!
We have an awesome school. Great teachers and administration. I've enjoyed working with all them. We have great parents and great support. It's been fun getting to know people in our community. But the best part is walking down the halls and the students call out, "hi, Mrs. Johnson." They always seem so happy to see me and that feels great. Jake has been so cute. He was so proud that his mom was "PTA president." He told his whole class and is always quick to remind them. He didn't want me to be done, but the rest of the family is happy to have Mom back.
I do have to say what a great board I had. And all of the volunteers we worked with this year. They all made me look good. PTA would never function without all the willing parents who volunteer their time and talents to making our school programs better. I met some great women and a few great men and I've learned so much from all of them. Hopefully, I've gained a little patience and tact from these outstanding people. Both things I sorely lack in.
Anyway, it's been a great year, and now I get to bow out and go home. I feel like sleeping for a week. But something else will take it's place momentarily. That is how life works. :)
We have an awesome school. Great teachers and administration. I've enjoyed working with all them. We have great parents and great support. It's been fun getting to know people in our community. But the best part is walking down the halls and the students call out, "hi, Mrs. Johnson." They always seem so happy to see me and that feels great. Jake has been so cute. He was so proud that his mom was "PTA president." He told his whole class and is always quick to remind them. He didn't want me to be done, but the rest of the family is happy to have Mom back.
I do have to say what a great board I had. And all of the volunteers we worked with this year. They all made me look good. PTA would never function without all the willing parents who volunteer their time and talents to making our school programs better. I met some great women and a few great men and I've learned so much from all of them. Hopefully, I've gained a little patience and tact from these outstanding people. Both things I sorely lack in.
Anyway, it's been a great year, and now I get to bow out and go home. I feel like sleeping for a week. But something else will take it's place momentarily. That is how life works. :)
3 comments:
I hope you get a little rest!!! You did a great job!!!
You were a great PTA president. I hope you have a great year off as we get to watch Amy running around next year.
hee hee. yes I feel a little guilty when I see Amy. But she said, "yes." She'll have Kim to help her. Thanks for the nice comments. Couldn't have done it without you!!
Post a Comment