Friday, June 20, 2008

Memories

Okay, I just read my cousins blog about her two little guys (2 and 9 months) and just had to comment on my blog. Hers is tribe M on my blog friends if you want a good laugh. But she was sharing some of the funny things her boys have done in the last month and it made me remember some of the funnies in our past.

Sacrament meeting in Malad. We didn't have a lot of families with young children and for some silly reason, we all sat in the back together. Makes for a noisy meeting! Anyway, one day, Jed was just quietly playing with a hotwheels car and the next thing we know it's flying through the air and clocks Grandma Stevens in the back of the head 5 rows up. OOPS. Scott and I just ducked. I'm not sure to this day if she knows who hit her. Of course all the parents around us were choking on their laughter. Uhg. Most embarassing.

Or how about Jake's quick gag reflex. Two different meetings we are running out of the room with a armful of throw-up. He used to choke on the sacrament bread. I'm not sure why we kept giving it to him. Dumb parents, I guess. Of course, both meetings we were visiting relatives. Not where we can just run home real quick and clean him up. You can bet we don't make him eat anything he doesn't like to this day.

Oh how about his love of the fireplace. When we moved in to our current house, Jake was 17 months old. His favorite place to relax was in the fireplace sitting on the rod iron prongs that hold the wood. He had lots of baths each day. Everytime I would come into the living room, there he was in the fireplace. It wouldn't have been so bad, except leaning over the tub bathing your baby three times a day is a little difficult when there is another baby in your tummy about ready to pop out!

And then there is Colby. With his allergy induced asthma, he has had some severe reactions. The funniest, of course, was in church. We're not sure if he was sneezing, coughing, burping, or all of the above. But he made a sound that was so loud and I seriously thought his whole insides were coming out. Of course there was concern and then laughter as we realized the Bishop heard him and most of those around us. Funny though... Scott didn't hear a thing.

Oh the funny things they do to embarrass us in quiet or reverant situations.

4 comments:

Becky said...

What the... I didn't know you had a blog!! Now we can be friends online!

The Bullocks said...

Hi, I definitely want to come and look at those houses. we won't really know what we can afford for a couple of months but I still want to come and check them out.
I would love to see all of you guys. do you ever do any park outings?

Kristydawn said...

Yes, we are going to the splash park in Umbria estates on Tuesday at 11am.It's on our side of 126 S. west a few blocks of the Maverick. Come on over!

Kelly Brooke said...

I love those stories, I'm sitting here at working (obviously not working) and laughing. I love to her things that the kids are doing. It makes me so happy since I am so far away.

background

Voting