So Colby had his second soccer game Tuesday. I lost track of the goals he scored after 6 or 7. WOW. The kid was on fire. I was starting to feel a little guilty as I listened to parents commenting around us. One parent said, "wow, that kid is a one-man show." Another girl was watching Jake and Colby play. We were standing between the two fields as they were playing at the same time. She said, "your kids are the stars on the team." Then as I watch Colby plow into a girl from the other team after she kicked a goal, I thought,"we are probably going to have to talk to him and have him hold back a little." Other parents are not going to be happy with a "ball hog" on the team. He is just really good at getting the ball away from the crowd and then goes for the goal.
Jake scored two goals and their team won again. He informed us that he doesn't need to practice because his team always wins. We told him that professionals even practice. He told us that he is a professional. Scott said, "oh really. How much do you get paid?" We'll have to work with him too.... teach him a little humility. :)
2 comments:
So cute that little Colby! We'll have to come to a game sometime!
That is so cute. I wish I could come and see them play. I sure do miss them. That would be fun to watch them making all the goals.
Post a Comment