Tuesday, April 22, 2008
"Shout Out" to all kindergarten teachers
O.K. Today, I taught Colby's kindergarten class. His teacher was in a car accident this morning and the school needed an emergency substitute. Enter me, in the office.... I was in the wrong place at the right time. :) Anyway, WOW! That was hard. The kids are so cute, but 26 little 5-6 year olds trying to tell you what to do (because I certainly did not know what I was doing) is interesting. I did have some help from some fabulous moms, and a few notes from the teacher on what to do.... but sadly, 3o some years later.... recess is still my favorite time of the day. I must say, I admire all kindergarten teachers and hope that was my first and last experience being in charge of a kindgergarten classroom. Certainly not my thing!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
background
Voting
2 comments:
Amen - hooray for willing, wonderful teachers (and PTA Presidents)!!!!
Kristy, you are so lucky. I can't imagine how hard that would have been. But then I always wanted to go into Elementary Ed. I'm proud of you. That is awesome!
Post a Comment