So, after almost 9 years.... we are moving. I can't explain why or how it all happened except to say, that the Lord is watching over us. A month ago, I was happily living my live and then the bomb dropped. Opportunities opened up for us as a family, and after much prayer have decided to go.
We are moving to Highland, Utah. It's .6 miles from my parents, 2.5 miles from my sis and her fam and less than a mile from the farm that Scott and the boys have been spending quite a bit of time over the summer. Kyle and Jed worked there and Scott plays there. Our horse also lives there along with Cooper, our soon to be puppy. This new house will allow us to bring Cooper home to live with us and also be close to our horsey. This makes Scott and the boys very happy. There are many more details to improve our financial situation that I will not bore with, but needless to say... we are going.
Is it possible to be excited and have a broken heart all at the same time? My heart truly aches. We have built a life here and love it. We have dear friends, great schools, awesome teachers, beautiful surroundings. No more afternoons in the park strip watching our kids play while visiting with friends. No more spontaneous swim parties, or get togethers, or let's run away from our kids and go to dinner with our neighbors. No more runs around the lake 3-4 times a week.
I have loved living here. I love the friends we've made and all the memories. I've found peace and joy in this home and enjoyed watching my children grow. I think Scott and I have grown quite a bit as well.
I'll always remember... thanks Copper Creek!
2 comments:
Thanks for making me cry! We love your family so much. It seems like every time we come close to someone here they leave. But we will miss you. Don't forget about us. And remember you promised to come back for our temple nights! Hang in there. Let me know how I can help.
Congratulations, I think. We love it in this area and I am sure you will too. We are excited, it sounds like you found the perfect dog relationship. We have wanted to have a dog that doesn't live with us. Maybe we can work out that with you. Our kids will be so happy.
Brett
Post a Comment