
I did It!!! I ran my first and maybe last marathon. It was really exciting. I figured I have run over 200 miles in 10 weeks to get ready for it. I found out, that 10 weeks is not quite enough time. I did great the first 17 miles, ok the next 3, but the last 6 was BRUTAL! I had to walk quite a lot those last 6 miles. Bummer. At 20 miles, I was right on target for 10 minute miles (that was my goal). Oh well, I finished and it was great! It took about 3 days for my body to recover and now I just need to get my ankle better (tendenitus). Top of Utah Marathon is in Logan. We ran the first 14 miles down the canyon and it was beautiful. If I get my ankle healed and lose 10 pounds...

This is my cute sister-in-law, Andi and her son Ben. She ran the marathon too, and did GREAT!We also had a brother-in-law and another sister-in-law qualify for Boston. It was a fun day.
7 comments:
Woo hoo! That's awesome. I drove that far once...
Kristy, I'm so impressed and amazed by you. You did a great thing! I really admire you! Way to go!
YEAH!!
So proud of you - you are amazing!!
Way to go girlfriend. You are so incredible!
You are so awesome Kristy!!! Way to go!!!! Too bad me and all the kids didn't come and wait at the finish line!!! I am way impressed. You know I have never run more than a mile. I don't know how!!! :)
Kristy!! WOWSERS!! I am so proud of you!! I dont' think I'll ever do a marathon... it just sounds painful to me. Maybe a 1/2 marathon someday... congrats!!
Post a Comment