O.K. so Kyle will hate me for posting this, but how miserable is he?... Poor Kyle.... First he doesn't make the soccer team that he worked so hard for....Following Tuesday: 6:30 am - Kyle comes into our room groaning. He falls on our bed and groans, "Dad, HELP!" I was just waking up and thought maybe he had a stomach ache, but realize very quickly that he is in severe pain. I say to Scott, "Maybe I should take him to the ER." He agrees. I dress very quickly and we get in the car. Of course, it's snowing outside and by this time we are in traffic for the morning commute. I was grateful for new tires as we passed a small car spinning it's wheels and not going anywhere. We finally get to the ER in Murray and he vommits in the parking lot. Now, I'm really worried. They get him into a room immediately, and after blood work, an ultrasound, x-rays, a CT, and two shots of morphine... we find out Kyle has a kidney stone. They send us home with lots of drugs and he sleeps the rest of the day. Scott's cousin is a urologist and we get some advice from him and Kyle sets in for the long wait.
Friday: Kyle is scheduled to have his wisdom teeth pulled. He figures since he is home already, he might as well go ahead and have it done. Ohhhh. Pain. He wasn't expecting it to hurt so bad. Neither were we. Scott and I both breezed through ours. So his cheeks swell up like a chipmunk and he is still taking lots of drugs.
The cheeks are back to normal, Kyle is back in school, he was able to keep his grades up after missing 8 days of school, and that stone made it's journey! Yeah! Who gets Kidney stones at 15. Unfortunately, he has 20 more forming in his kidneys. We're hoping for some good advice from Dr. Blake for what we can do to stop them from forming.
3 comments:
did he run all of the 1000 laps?
wow.
steve says he thought law school was hard.
Kyle may have him beat.
ouch.
Too bad it wasn't all an April Fool's Day joke. Good luck
Post a Comment