Sunday, January 23, 2011

Do you ever have one of those weeks...?

Tear apart the bathroom because the toilet overflowed months ago and now our floor is moldy.

Get the gas bill and after freezing for the whole month, it's another $100 higher.

Come home from a long day at work (twice this week) and the sink is overflowing with dirty dishes, the garbage is overflowing onto the floor, the laundry basket is exploding in the laundry room, everyone wants to know what's for dinner....

I have been a grumpy mom this week. I have been a grumpy friend. I have been a grumpy wife. All it takes is a little perspective.

After a lot of griping and complaining... and some sleep :) I remember....

I have a great husband who takes good care of me and our family. He will do anything for me... I just have to ask and excercise a bit of patience.

I have four great kids, who may be a little lazy, but that can be fixed. They make me laugh and they love me even with all of my faults.

We have a little savings to fix our house mess and pay our gas bill. So glad we don't have to put the bills on a credit card.

We have family and friends who love us and do nice things for us...

I'm a pretty lucky girl and I repent from complaining. I promise to acknowledge all of my blessings and be grateful for what I have.

Sorry to all those who heard me... thanks for listening. :)

2 comments:

Deanne said...

How about me complaining about the utilities bill with you? What is with them? December's bill $100 higher than November's bill. January's bill $100 higher than December's bill. Is this a new trend we can expect from month to month? Good Grief!!!! But then I think for a minute about my sweet husband who works so hard in order for me to pay that utility bill, while staying at home all warm and snuggly in my jammies all day if I choose! Thanks for reminding me to remember the blessings.

Becky said...

Sometimes ya gotta vent! But how nice of you to repent and count all your blessings :)

Where are you working?

background

Voting