Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tender Mercy


So today I came home to melted icecream, thawed out meat, warm milk, and a puddle on the floor around my fridge.... you guessed it... the fridge is broken. UHG! It's only 8 1/2 years old. I pulled out the warranty info (only a year warranty) and called Whirlpool. Well, guess what! My fridge has a recall and they will come out tomorrow and fix it for FREE! Wow. I was so grateful.

As I was driving home from picking up Kyle, I started thinking about "tender mercies." It doesn't just apply to spiritual things, it applies to everything. If I think about it, I realize how many of these "tender mercies" apply each day.

Kyle blew a tire out last month by hitting the curb and it was under warranty. Turns out he damaged the other tire in the process and Costco gave us two NEW free tires instead of one. I love Costco, but love H.F. even more.

Two days off this week to spend with the munchkins off track. Normally, I wouldn't even think twice, but I sure enjoyed the time with the kids, and the time off. I'm a happier, more rested Mommy. Another tender mercy. I could go on, but I'll just say I'm grateful for the little things that happen every day to make life a little easier and make me turn toward my H.F. and feel grateful!

2 comments:

JenJ said...

Hi Kristy!!!
What a great post! I am motivated now to start recording the little demonstrations of love. I say little, but really, they are so huge and mean so much because we know where they come from.

busymama said...

love this post, love you too!

background

Voting