
1.Learning to Surf in Waikiki
2. Going to California with 3 other couples and seeing "Wicked" at the Pantages Theater.
3.Scott went fly fishing with his brother, Dustin and friend, Kevin. Kevin is a fishing guide in Flaming Gorge and they had an amazing trip.
4.Eating breakfast on my 37th birthday on the Queen Mary with friends and having my picture taken with Jay Leno that evening at the Tonight Show.
5. Racing Kyle on the Alpine Slide at Snowbird in the rain. We couldn't slow down because of the rain and got the wildest ride of our lives. We probably would have been injured badly if not for the crash cushions at the end of slide. I still ripped my pants. I came around the last corner and my breaks weren't working and I truly thought we were in trouble!!!
6.Kyle scored the winning goal for one of his soccer games. He has played defender that last three years, and finally got to play mid-field. He was so excited just to switch positions and bonus - he scored the winning goal. His team also took 1st place in their division. After 4 years of competition soccer, this was pretty exciting for him and for us.
7.Kyle got to go to California with his grandparents and favorite cousin and they went to the BYU-UCLA game. BYU lost, but we won them later in the Las Vegas Bowl. Kyle loves California and loves the beach. He is truly my son!!!
8. Jed got glasses. Poor kid could barely see. He also received his Arrow of Light in Cub Scouts. We are so excited for him.
9. Jake learned to ride a bike. He saw all of the neighbor kids who are younger than him riding two wheelers, and decided it was time for him to learn. He told his younger brother what he had in mind. I was busy and they were waiting for me to get the tools and take the training wheels off of his bike. The next thing I knew, Colby (my 5 year 0ld) had Daddy's tools from the garage, took off the training wheels himself, and Jake hopped on the bike and rode down the pathway behind our house. They are two determined little boys. I was so shocked. Colby even knew what tool to use. They later put the wheels back on so Colby could ride it.
10.Colby started kindergarten this year. I've finally made it. All my boys are in school. What to do with all my free time??? Volunteer to be the PTA President.
11. We bought a new bed. After 16 years, it's about time. It's so soft and cozy. We absolutely love it.
12. The "Wicked" soundtrack. It's absolutely my favorite music to listen to. My favorite song is "For Good." I listened to this song over and over after a friend passed away in Jan. The song talks about being changed for Good because of the influence of a friend. The song touched me and helped me to grieve for my friend. I know that many people's lives were touched by this amazing woman and we all are better people from our friendship with her.
13. The Primary Program.... Listening to all of our children singing "I'll follow him in Faith" and being so touched by their love for and testimony of our Savior.
14. Running my second half marathon in Provo. It was a beautiful course and my friend Leslie and I finished together.
Some of our not so favorites:
1. Scott broke his foot playing basketball 3 weeks before our Hawaii trip.
2. I broke my nose walking into a door in the dark. They still call me "Grace."
3. Kyle had to cut his hair twice. He looks so handsome with it short!
4. Kyle and Jed are still taking piano lessons. Dad won't let them quit.
5. Jake had to have 5 teeth pulled. His mouth is just to small for his teeth.
6. Colby hates being dragged to all of my PTA meetings.
7. Having to replace our washing machine, dishwasher, computer printer and digital camara (all in two months). It's fun to have new things, but it sure doesn't help the budget!
8. My back problems - apparently I have a herniated disk. Thanks to Brandi and her expertise in physical therapy. She helps me feel better!!!
9. Not being able to run the last two months and missing my running friend, Leslie. She is injured as well... We hope by spring-time we'll be back in shape and we can run another race together this summer.
2 comments:
Loved reading your favorites and resolutions! You are amazing! Happy New Year!
hi, so good to hear from you!!!! don't you just love blogs. I can't believe how old your boys look. how fun.
It totally makes me miss the old neighborhood to see your pictures and hear about everyone.
I really miss running with you and Leslie. although I know I wouldn't be able to keep up with your speed. You know you are the one that made me realize that I could actually run more than a mile without dieing.
well we'll be done with school in May, and be back in Utah for good. yea!!!! so we'll have to get together then. Katie
Post a Comment